I recently laid out reasons why you shouldn't finance new cars, and hundreds of you replied that used cars are a headache that most people don't want to deal with. To prove those people wrong, I'm asking what the most dependable car on eBay is, for less than $5000, or your average new car down payment.
(Photo by Fabio Aro)
Here are the rules:
- Selections aren't limited to simply 'cars' (kit cars, trucks, and military/commercial vehicles included)
- Cars must have a realistic selling price under $5,000.
- Cars must be operable/easily restored to running condition.
- Completed and sold listings can be included.
- You can add modifications, as long as it doesn't go over the total budget.
- Write a short reason why your car is the most dependable car for under $5000.
I'll arrange the best selections afterwards. You have until the end of the weekend.